NH Deep Massage Therapy
Weekend Workshop Descriptions
Myofascial Mobilization Certification (passive release)
Supplies: Therapists are required to bring a massage table, linens, shorts, sports bra or snug t-shirt, 3 ring note book, pen, paper, and a viscous lubricant.
The first 48 hours are dedicated to exploring fascia through lecture, palpation and treatment.
This course is part 1 of 2 courses dedicated to Myofascial Mobilization: Myo Mobilization 1 passive release and Myo Mobilization 2 active release mobilization techniques.
- Myofascial Release and Soft Tissue Mobilization (MM) are highly interactive stretching techniques of fascia and muscle.
- In this Myofascial Mobilization course, we will explore the anatomy and physiology of fascia and the relationship of fascia with the musculoskeletal system. Knowing the foundational anatomy, physiology and general characteristics of fascia, will help to inform us on how to proceed with an educated treatment.
- We will be utilizing some Structural Integration foundational principles and techniques throughout the course. Not only will our techniques have some SI background, but also the art of the postural assessment.
- Once we establish the framework of the myofascial system, we will then look at the relationship of how non-energy efficient posture leads to Myofascial Dysfunction, and underlying causes of many common chronic body complaints.
- The basis for the evaluation begins with learning how to perform an in-depth postural analysis of a client. The postural analysis carry’s on with each class (including the advanced course), layering more information, until a complete picture is painted. The students will gain both a broad view of the body to a detailed vision of a region to expand the understanding of postural dysfunctions and how they exhibit into many complaints of our patients.
- We will take our assessments (postural, ROM and palpation) and use that information to discuss treatment planning. Treatment planning is typically the missing piece from many teachings. Students are always coming forward with gratitude for the often not so covered topic. The added enlightenment to this process is often the missing piece from learning a modality and utilizing the modality.
- We will also discuss many soft tissue pathologies and treatment strategies
- ITB syndrome
- Frozen shoulder
- Plantar fasciitis ect…
- 1 day will be dedicated to each region:
- Lower legs
Hands-on techniques will include:
- Tense and Relax
- Reciprocal Inhibition
- Pin and Stretch
- Passive Myofascial Mobilization
- Passive and Active Stretching
- Soft tissue-Mobilization Techniques (active technique)
This six-day program is dedicated to making you better at visual assessment of the body and expressing myofascial mobilization into your patients.
Active Myofascial Mobilization (AMM) – The Advanced Technique
The Advanced Myofascial Mobilization Course is designed to take the myofascial therapist's skills to a new level.
- This course is based on Structural Integration / Myofascial principles.
- The AMM course is an advanced course on myofascial mobilization. (pre-requisite required)
- The lectures will focus on advanced musclo-skeletal ….
- Joint movement
- Joint anatomy
- And their relationships to posture at each region of the body,
- So to further enhance the therapist's assessment techniques.
- We will explore a different approach to working with our patients…
- Each patient will be an active participant in the treatment process.
- This will make your work more effective by accessing the neuromuscular pathways.
- Patients will be moving and expressing themselves through movement while we work.
- Students will leave with a new treatment paradigm. Throughout the treatment session, we will be assessing and reassessing with our new vision and fine-tuning in every session.
- AMM will make your work easier and more efficient.
- The AMM trainings will increase your patient capacity by:
- Lack of fatigue (therapist works with greater ease and efficiency)
- Increased patient success
- Which in-turn equals increased cash flow.
We will go over the following:
- Advanced kinesiology – further study of joint / body movement patterns
- Advanced postural assessment – assessing rotations within the shoulder, spine and hip
- Exercise & Movement Assessments
- Treatment planning
- Myofascial Mobilization Active joint mobs
- Spiraling techniques
- Many Side-Lying Techniques
- Many Seated techniques
NOTE: This course is open to therapists that have taken Myo Mobilization or get permission from MWI
This is a six day program.
- Day 1 – Lower Leg
- Day 2 - Pelvis
- Day 3 - Back
- Day 4 - Shoulder
- Day 5 - Neck
- Day 6 - Putting it all together (treatment planning)
Neuromuscular Therapy Certification
Supplies: Therapist are required to bring linens, shorts, sports bra or snug t-shirt, 3 ring note book, pen, paper, and a viscous lubricant.
Books: Trail Guide to the Body, Biel. NMT Treatments by Jeff Mahadeen (cost $45 per module; Paid the first day of the workshops).
Neuromuscular Therapy (NMT) is a system of soft tissue manipulation that balances the nervous system and the musculoskeletal systems. NMT enhances the function of the joints, muscles and biomechanics throughout the body. This course is based on the life long work of Dr Janet Travell and her dedication to the study of trigger point referral patterns that occur in nearly every muscle of the body. Dr Travell, Dr Leon Chiatow and others who dedicated their lives to the treatment of the body have devised specific treatment protocols that will be employed within this course.
Course content includes: Comprehensive muscle study (location, function, stressors and trigger point referral patterns of over 130 muscles), 60+ hrs of extensive hands-on work, Various muscle and connective tissue dysfunctions i.e., TMJ Syndrome, How the muscle relates to posture, and Corrective actions for the client to employ.
72-Hour Strengthening Assessment Therapeutics
(includes a Personal Training Certification)
Do you have clients that need strength/stabilization exercises to progress much faster through their healing process? Massage therapists have been treating just one side of the joint for too many years. Break out of the box of typical massage therapist and set yourself apart from all the rest. This course is intended to increase a massage therapist's scope of practice, and it has been designed for the small office setting of a therapist.
Through strength tests, orthopedic assessments and postural assessment, we will discuss; when to treat and when not to treat, various tissue dysfunctions and muscle imbalances. In order to achieve the best results with your clients, you will learn how to incorporate strengthening therapeutics to weakened muscles, stretching and foam rolling to the shortened muscles.
What you will learn in the Strengthening Assessment Therapeutics (SAT) course:
- Perform basic strength assessments to the Neck, Shoulder, Back, Pelvis & Legs
- Learn many orthopedic assessments for each area of focus
- Kinesiology Lectures of the Spine, Pelvis, Knee and Shoulder
- Perform postural assessments assessing for muscle imbalances and creating strengthening treatment plans
- With use of therabands, foam roller and exercise mat, learn over 100 strength and stretching exercises for small office setting
- Learn to build muscle endurance for your patients which increases muscle tonus
- Manual of all lecture material– including color handouts of all exercises with descriptions utilized for patient take home exercises. (WITS Personal Training separate from manual)
- Also included within curriculum - Earn a Personal Training National Certification!! (see below) while attending the class.
Personal Trainer Certification
(Included within the SAT program)
Increase your scope of practice and become a certified personal trainer! Have you seen muscle imbalances in your patients, but not sure how to fix them? Become a PT through us and prescribe exercise for muscle imbalances. Also career opportunities exist in fitness centers, gyms, spas, or start your own PT business on the side. National certification exam given last day of class. Strengthening Therapeutics is co-sponsored with World Instructor Training Schools (W.I.T.S.)
30 hour Personal Training curriculum includes:
Lectures (15 hours)
- Exercise Physiology
- Fundamentals of Anatomy
- Biomechanics and Applied Kinesiology
- Health Screenings
- Fitness Testing
- Cardio respiratory Fitness and Exercise
- Muscular Strength and Endurance
Practical (15 hours)
- Fitness Assessments
- Client Rapport
- Biomechanics of Exercise
- Equipment Usages
- Weight Training Techniques
- Attendance of all sessions
- Passing grades on both the written and practical exams.
- Completion of 30-hour practical internship (completed within 1 year of passing the exam).
Structural Assessment: The Art of In-depth Analysis
Do you want to increase your assessment skills and your marketability?
The design of this course is to teach the skill of postural analysis, and give the therapist confidence to skillfully talk to their clients about their postural distortions. At the end of this course, the therapist will have the knowledge to look at the body more wholistically. The therapist will also have the self-confidence in setting up a treatment plan for the client's future treatments thereby increasing income potential.
- The relationship of posture and gravity
- What are proprioceptors and how do they alter posture?
- Classification of muscles and their relationship to the joints
- Common faulty posture patterns
- In-depth postural analysis demo and practice
- Designing a treatment plan based on the findings
- Why are Myofascial Release Techniques so effective when treating the posture?
- 4hrs of basic and advanced myofascial release techniques. (Guaranteed to be new techniques for the new or experienced therapists.)
5-Day Anatomy Dissection in Beautiful Colorado
Have you wanted to put your anatomy knowledge to the test?
Or do you want to increase your anatomy knowledge?
The workshop will allow for the participants to dissect the myofascial and visceral systems. If you are not sure about dissecting, there is room for just observation. Imagine a 3D Anatomy Illustrator at your fingertips. Throughout the week, Jeff will lecture on the myofascial and visceral systems to enhance your learning experience.
Some of the topics will include: Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, Carpel Tunnel Syndrome, Rotator Cuff Function, Balance of the Myofascia of the Neck, Iliopsoas and its Fascial Connections, Balance of the Lateral Hip Rotators and the Adductor Group.
Jeff Mahadeen is an approved provider of NCBTMB (National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork) category A continuing education credits (CEUs). » See Jeff's biography.