Jeff Mahadeen LMT, KMI, NCBTMB, WITS
Jeff Mahadeen LMT, Certified Structural Integrator, NCBTMB is the owner of the Muscular Wellness Institute.
Since 1998, he has been teaching hands-on massage techniques including Myofascial Release, Neuromuscular Therapy (NMT), and the related sciences in various schools around the country. Jeff has also written school curriculum with topics varying from Anatomy and Physiology to comprehensive Therapeutic hands-on techniques. Soft Tissue Manipulation / Deep Tissue Education is his area of specialty, and since 2000, Jeff has been teaching NMT, Myofascial, and Assessment workshops nationally.
Schools and Betterment of the Profession
Jeff has worked for many schools throughout the northeast which include: The Somerset School of Massage Therapy (presently Cortiva Institute), Academy of Massage Therapy, and Hesser College. At each school Jeff has taken a leadership role with curriculum revision and he taught most of the advanced courses that the schools offered.
Physiology of skeletal muscle and soft tissue education are his area of specialty. Jeff started to offer his Myofascial Mobilization and NMT CEU classes nationally in 2003, and all of MWI's courses are certified with the NCBTMB. Jeff has developed a 96 hour Myofascial Mobilization certification course, a 96 hour Neuromuscular Therapy certification course, an assessment course, a 48 hour Therapeutic Exercise class and facilitated Dissection courses.
- In 2006, Jeff was asked to sit on the Job Task Analysis Committee for the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards. The design of the Committee was to produce the Job Task Analysis survey to be used for the creation of a new federal massage licensing exam.
- Jeff was then one of the heads of a committee which wrote the psychometrically valid massage licensing exam. The MBLEX exam was specifically designed for entry level massage therapists and is now available in most states throughout the country. Jeff still sits on the exam committee's review board.
- He has sat on the NH Advisory Board for 8 years helping to guide the direction of massage within the state of NH. Jeff has helped in numerous areas of preserving regulation for the profession and expounding upon the strong foundation of his predecessors.
- Jeff has also served as a delegate for a 2-year term for the AMTA and he continues to serve as a valued Teacher for the AMTA.
- Jeff is presently involved with the FSMTB in the writing of national criteria for CE providers. This is a committee with other like minded individuals who want to elevate the Continuing Education Standards.
- He also serves on the NH Advisory Board for Massage Therapy.
Jeff has a number of articles that have been published by the AMTA and Massage Magazine. His articles are wonderful teaching articles on an assortment of soft-tissue dysfunction and some of those articles can be viewed on this site. See articles.
Jeff's dedication to the field of education has been recognized by various organizations throughout the massage and therapeutic professions. He has presented for:
- Numerous AMTA chapters – MA, ME, NY, NH
- The AMTA's New England Regional Conference
- University level Physical Therapy programs
- Physical Therapy conferences
- Yoga teacher trainings
- Swedish Institute College (wrote and presented the NMT Certification Course)
- Wrote educational programs for the ABMP
Jeff's Personal Education:
- Dissection Courses
- Biomechanic Courses
- Kinesiology Courses
- Personal trainer courses
- 120+ hours of Myofascial Technique with various teachers
- 200+ hours of NMT
- 500-hour Structural Integration course (KMI) with Tom Myers
- Various Rolfing continuing educational seminars
- Visceral Manipulation
- Fascial research conferences 2007, 2013
Jeff has also lived and studied with shamans of the Amazon rainforest and the Andes mountains of Ecuador over the last 10 years.
"My goal is to offer quality in-depth education to therapists and body workers seeking to raise their level of training and to enhance the level of the Manual Therapy Profession."
Kelly Toler is the founder and owner of Progressive Therapy Services, a private practice located in Bow, NH. She is a licensed Physical Therapist and received her Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy from the University of New England, Biddeford, ME in 1991.
Kelly has over 20 years of clinical experience in multiple physical therapy settings. She has advanced training in Myofascial Mobilization, as well as Craniosacral Therapy and Visceral Manipulation through Upledger.
She is a Vodder Certified Manual Lymphatic Drainage Therapist. Her extensive experience includes Orthopedics, sports injuries, manual therapy, chronic pain and fibromyalgia, as well as breast cancer and other associated diagnoses involving muscle injury, swelling and lymphedema.
With her breadth and depth of therapy experience, Kelly offers an advanced strength and rehab training service which uniquely combines assessment techniques of biomechanics and soft tissue injuries. This distinctive method is based on a multidimensional approach to treatment, using a wide range of modalities such as Pilates training, foam rollers, theraband and isolated muscle strengthening techniques.
Kelly’s practice, Progressive Therapy Services, is located in a multi-disciplinary setting that specializes in the treatment soft tissue trauma, muscular imbalances and increasing athletic performance.